2022 is wrapping up for CSR, ESG, and Social Impact professionals. 'Tis the season of reporting, and as we measure the impact we've made, we eagerly look to 2023. Some companies have a detailed plan in the works while others are still working with senior leadership to create their social impact goals.
Let's dive in
It's time for your social impact tarot card reading! Outside of our prediction that Taylor Swift will indeed win another AMA, we've spent meaningful time thinking about what 2023 will have in store for the world of social impact. We've distilled these five predictions for you
1. Nonprofits will receive fewer donor dollars, especially from consumers. Credit card balances are increasing and savings accounts are decreasing. Only time will tell if companies step up and support the nonprofits we all care about in more meaningful ways.
2. Companies will struggle to get employees back to the office. Regardless of your company's plans and policies, employee engagement professionals should plan for a hybrid world.
3. CSR & ESG budgets will not reduce as much as we fear. We're getting signals for a stronger 2023 than we initially anticipated.
4. International disaster relief organizations will need more support in 2023. Increasing global conflict and climate change will continue to drive the need here. Companies will continue to step up to the plate.
5. Employee demand for corporate social impact and employee volunteering will continue growing. We know that more employees care about social impact at their companies than ever before, and we think this is still in its early days.
Want a tarot card reading for your company and initiatives for 2023? Get in touch with us. We're here to help make 2023 the most successful social impact year in your company's history!
This month we're excited to announce Ben & Jerry's addition to the WeHero 100. The WeHero 100 is a list of 100 of the best companies at social impact and employee engagement. A big congrats to Ben & Jerry's for all of their accomplishments. I know we'll be having a pint to celebrate! Want to learn about what makes them special? Read more.
Activists for Africa
Take a virtual trip through Tanzania while learning about world hunger alongside Rise Against Hunger.
Hear Your Song
Empower children in need by supporting their songwriting and providing feedback on their compositions through Hear Your Song!
Our team has been cranking out the WeHero Learn content over the past 30 days. Learn something new today!
WeHero designs, plans, and executes corporate volunteer, team building, and employee engagement experiences that create social impact. Our team works to develop new programs to create better cultures, better brands, and a better world. Our mission: To build innovative experiences that empower organizations around the world to engage teams, connect employees, and maximize social impact.
The WeHero Team