WeHero Corporate Volunteer Programs and the United Nations 17 Goals
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs for Sustainable Development has established 17 goals intended to improve sustainable development by the year 2030. Building upon the principle of “leaving no one behind”, the UN has emphasized the importance of raising global awareness for their 2030 agenda. In an effort to promote active dialogue and implementation of these sustainable development goals (SDGs), WeHero is committed to ensuring our corporate volunteering and giving strategies are in line with furthering the UN SDGs.
WeHero is committed to becoming part of the common movement towards achieving the 2030 milestones that over 5,000 companies and 178 countries have committed to.
WeHero focuses on ensuring companies reach their social impact goals. For WeHero, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) have always been key factors when designing our corporate volunteer programs and consulting practices. More than that, WeHero is committed to helping the UN reach its goal of holistically improving sustainable development by 2030.
These goals are:
- Goal 1 - End Poverty: End poverty in all its forms, everywhere.
- Goal 2 - Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Goal 3 - Good Health and Well Being: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Goal 4 - Quality Education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Goal 5 - Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Goal 6 - Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Goal 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Goal 8 - Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Goal 9 - Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Goal 10 - Reduce Inequalities: Reduce inequalities within and among countries.
- Goal 11 - Sustainable Cities and Communities: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Goal 12 - Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Goal 13 - Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Goal 14 - Life Below Water: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Goal 15 - Life on Land: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Goal 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Goal 17 - Partnerships for the Goals: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
We hope in this effort, we can educate more companies on the importance of these goals and create easy and powerful ways to get involved quickly. Which goals will your company get behind?