Behind the design – Napa Strong. Sonoma Strong.
Napa and Sonoma Valley have been engulfed with one of the largest California wildfires on record. These fires have killed over 40 people, destroyed over 6,000 homes, and scorched over 140,000 acres. To respond, WeHero teamed up with Nick Brugioni to put together a design which represents Napa and Sonoma counties, with a sole purpose of raising money for the relief efforts.
The meaning behind the design:
- The outer circle was designed to represent the rolling hills of Napa and Sonoma. They have been brought together by a circle which symbolize unity as firefighters, police officers, the national guard, and volunteers gather from all ends of California to support.
- The coordinates represent the location of where the fire took place.
- October 2017 was added to remember when the event took place for years to come.
- Next, the grapes which were added in the center of the circle to represent the rich history and culture of the iconic wine country.
- Lastly, the grapes were placed in a way to echo a heart shape, because during times of crises, we see humans to incurable things for others. We show love to strangers and come to the aid of those who need. Human kindness is a beautiful thing. Stay strong Napa and Sonoma.